The capital of the Tar Heel State, Raleigh, is the second largest city and is also the state capital of North Carolina. Here are a few things I recommend doing if you are visiting.
- North Carolina State Capital Building - the 172 year old building represents a historic landmark of colonial history. The building also serves the offices of the Governor, Lieutenant Governor and their immediate staff.
- North Carolina Museum of History - The museum located in downtown Raleigh holds exhibits of NC Military history, art and the North Carolina Sports Hall of Fame.
- The Pit – Are you familiar with Food Network’s Throwdown with Bobby Flay or Man vs. Food? The family owned restaurant was featured on both shows and will confirm why North Carolina is known for its famous barbecue.
- Fraziers – An eloquent wine and bar lounge, it has a wide selection of wine and beers but is known for the steak, salmon, chicken and duck!
Must Do/Must Play
- Hike at Umstead Park to escape the noisy roads and highways and find yourself in a very relaxing peaceful environment.
- Golf – With the amazing scenery in the back ground, most of the courses in the Raleigh area are beyond breath taking. 25 miles south of Raleigh is one of the top 20 courses in the state- Tobacco Road in Sanford NC and rated 4 and a half stars in golf digest.
Written by: Tony Pandullo