Home-based business was already a growing phenomenon before the COVID-19 pandemic, with 50 percent of American small businesses based in the home. The necessity of social distancing inspired many people to start their own home-based business, and now it’s a more popular option than ever. The advantages of running a business from home are obvious to anyone who tries it – there’s no commute, no extra rent, and many of your expenses are lower. However, there are some disadvantages too.
Issues Running a Home-Based Business
Here are some of the potential disadvantages to running your business from your home:
- What happens if you need to meet an important client? It’s not exactly ideal to have that kind of business meeting at a kitchen table!
- If your business address is the same as your home address, that can give clients an unprofessional impression.
- What do you do when your house is noisy and filled with distractions, such as visiting relatives or a child practicing the trumpet?
- How can you hire employees or expand your business when you’re based out of your own home?
- Need a receptionist to give the right impression?
How a Virtual Office Can Help
A virtual office can be the solution! Here are some of the advantages that a virtual office can give a home-based business:
- If you need to meet a client, you can use one of the conference rooms at your virtual office space. You can also use the conference rooms to conduct job interviews, give presentations, or for any other public interaction.
- You can use your virtual office address on your website, your business cards, or anywhere else you need to list an address. This will help you give a professional impression to everyone you do business with and improve SEO visibility.
- If your house is noisy and distracting right now and it’s affecting your productivity, you can use your virtual office space as a work area.
- You can use the coworking spaces at your virtual office facility to work with new employees, even if you’re just training them to work from their own home.
- The receptionist at your virtual office space can accept your visitors and answer your business calls. A quality virtual office like Byron Virtual Office Space Solutions will have office staff on hand, to assist you with whatever you may need.
The success of any home-based business depends on your ability to balance work with your home life. That isn’t always easy but having a virtual space can make it a lot easier. Contact Byron Office Space Solutions of Greensboro, NC to discuss the virtual office plans we have available!